Thursday, April 10, 2014

3 Ingredient Truffles

If you are a regular follower, you know that I enjoy easy and scrumptious.
I use butter, not margarine.
I use sugar, not splenda.
And? Chocolate is delicious, in many forms.

So, as I enjoy bite-sized appetizers, I was searching Google for a new recipe for chocolate-chip cookie dough truffles. You may enjoy my previous post on "non-toxic" cookie dough balls.


I found a delightful blog, "Bake It and Make It with Beth".
Here are direct links to her Cookie Dough Truffles
and to her Easy Chocolate Truffles

So, the first time I made these, I was pressed for time and forgot her 4th ingredient, which is to be added after your concoction begins to cool.

I will therefore tell you, I did not think the absence of vanilla was detrimental to the flavor of the truffles. Your three ingredients are:
sweetened condensed milk
cocoa powder
butter

On low heat, melt the butter. Once liquified, mix in the cocoa powder until it is combined. Turn up the heat to medium, add the milk and stir constantly for 3 minutes.

Remove from heat, place in a safe container and cool in the refrigerator (or freezer if you're pressed for time) for as long as you need. (she recommended 3-4 hours or overnight)

Her rolling instructions are simple. I tried various coatings. I did find that for the toasted coconut, my oven cooked much faster than hers, so check at about half the cooking time.
The first time I did this, as I said, I was pressed for time so I didn't take photos, I think my recipe yielded 30 truffles easily.
Here is a photo of the cherry-coated truffle I still had at the end of the night.
I'm considering re-naming this blog "Looks Bad, Tastes Great". What do you think?

The second time I made the recipe, I took photos of the finished product.
I think the cooled truffles look like a large container of tootsie roll.
When you bite into these, it's like eating brownie batter.
Pure buttery goodness!
You can coat them with anything.
I rolled them in miniature chocolate chips, dipped them in melted cherry chips, in "white" chocolate, rolled them in the toasted coconut, and even in candy sprinkles.

You simply cannot mess these up. They are delightful!

~Tammy





No comments:

Post a Comment